We help grow great companies.
Our goal is to invest in and help grow great companies, leading to increased value creation. We seek industries that are stable, profitable, fragmented and growing. PVB Capital is particularly interested in investment opportunities where it can partner with the existing management team/owner(s) to add key senior management to advance the business or assist in the transition for owner(s) that are interested in retirement. A key element to the strategy is the active role of our principals and senior advisors. In addition, common investment characteristics include:
Significant Service Component
- Superior customer service used to differentiate the company and to create barriers to entry. This provides customers/consumers with a reason other than price to purchase from the company.
- A value proposition premium over the competition with either strong brands or market position to influence the distribution channel.
- The leader in its respective niche or the ability to get their quickly through acquisition. Large number of acquisition candidates available.
Differentiated Business Models
- Use of technology or business process not widely used in the existing marketplace and/or approach to market differently from competitors.
- Opportunity to energize company and accelerate growth with additional capital as well as senior management and/or board directors.
We work closely with management to help achieve mutually agreed upon goals and objectives for the business. Significant equity participation for company senior management is assured in every transaction so that a strong partnership is developed, and together, we can share in future profits.
PVB Capital offers its network of senior business executives as a resource to our management team. These current and retired CEOs and COOs are a valuable asset for those running day-to-day operations.
• Revenues between $5M and $50M
• Minimum EBITDA of $1M
• Minimum EBITDA margin of 10% of revenue
• Stable, fragmented industry with growth
• Low customer concentration
• At least 3 years of profitable operating history
• Recurring revenues or stable repeat business